It it hard to believe that 2020 is already behind us, but here we are! ALREADY IN FEBRUARY (or March depending on when I post this LOL)! I’ve put a lot of thought into what I’d like to accomplish this year on our home. Of course, this is all pending a lot of things (aka money and the general pandemic). But maybe in sharing our 2021 Project Goals, you all can keep me accountable – and know what content to expect!
Last year I divided up our goals by both a general to-do list, as well as monthly. This helped me sort out the seasonally appropriate tasks and set a priority during those times. Ummm hello, I can’t garden in December!
General To do/would like to do:
- kitchen update (this will take up a large chunk of the year!)
- pathways in garden/maybe drip system?? Inspo from Liz at Within The Grove on how to do the drip system
- paint office
- paint fascia on house
- in a perfect world, also paint the house (but this is a HUGE maybe)
- flooring + ceiling in laundry room
- flooring + ceiling in downstairs bathroom
- paint laundry room
- build Ana White chairs (we bought the supplies last year but never got to it in time)
- brick the bar downstairs (currently is covered in red shag – yuck!)
- Re-caulk bathtub upstairs and paint room
- January: woops this is done. We just did smaller crafts around the house, nothing very noteable!
- February: Start kitchen reno
- March: kitchen kitchen kitchen
- April: kitchen (hopefully finish up) and start planning garden
- May: finish kitchen if not done, and paint fascia before it gets too hot
- June: garden and build chairs
- July: paint office (very hot outside during this month and also my best friend’s wedding!)
- August: re-caulk bathroom upstairs and paint
- September: laundry room
- October: basement bathroom
- November: brick bar downstairs
- December: Christmas crafts
In a perfect world if money wasn’t a thing to factor in:
- Re-side the house and shop
- Add eavestroughs/gutters and that whole set up
- Redo the driveway
- Frame the basement
- Re do bathroom upstairs (tile instead of current surround and new built ins)
- New fencing on East side of property
- new flooring throughout entire basement
I hope that we accomplish all that we want, but am known for setting my goals a * little * bit high on that regard haha I remind myself that even thought we didn’t do everything we set out to do in 2020, we still got a lot done but most importantly, had fun while doing it. Working on our home is a way for me to escape and be creative – it is stressful at times, but it is means to challenge us in the best of ways. I am really excited to see what our home looks like this time in 2022!!
Check our our “Year in Review” for 2020 here!
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] feels just like a few months ago I was writing out my goals for 2021, and here I am thinking of our goals for 2022. I have a lot to say about this last year and all […]