Can you believe that I started this kitchen renovation in February 2021?! I think the funniest part is how I genuinely thought I would get this finished before that summer… It’s a good thing we didn’t end up needing to sell after all because it’s to no one’s surprise that we’re not 100% done yet! So, 2 years later here is the kitchen renovation update… what have we done, and what is left? And the million dollar question: why aren’t we done???
What we have done:
- Sand and paint cabinet bases and doors
- Install new hardware
- Paint and put up hutch
- Move sink to wall with window
- Install a dishwasher
- Fix walls from damage of demo
- Move fridge to where sink was
- Run gas and water line for gas range/pot filler
- Frame out wall for range and cabinets (it was directly against concrete aka no room for electrical)
- Install countertops
- New light fixture
- Tile backsplash on wall with range
- Build floating shelves
- Build custom vent hood cover
- Painted walls
- Redid trim around sink in PVC trim
- note: some drywall, water, electrical, and gas was hired out due to time and permits required
What is still left:
- Baseboards and some trim
- Build area next to range for cookie sheets (is just a hole right now)
- Trim out and put hooks to the weird triangle part under the angled counters
- Put up more art
- Finish making curtains
- Install flutted glass film on hutch
Why aren’t we done?
- ADHD and burnout
- it’s pretty functioning right now and it’s easy to ignore the things that aren’t done
Will we finish?
- YES! It is my goal to have this done before summer. I have a long time line on that as I will be having a surgery coming up which will lay me out for 6 weeks and Joe will also have to travel for work
Did I cover the main questions?? Are you following along on Instagram? I can’t wait for this space to be done to share it with you! Here’s hoping the next kitchen update is the last for a while 😉
You can catch up to all previous things kitchen reno related here!
Comments are closed.